For all of you who read my first beauty tips blog, and with Valentines Day fast approaching, you should have perfect lips or know how to, please ask if you have questions. Which leads me to my second blog, I thought it would be perfect to show you how to achieve a “stay-put” lipstick, whether it be red for Valentine or just a nude!
Lipstick applications range from simple, blotted-on stains to combinations of lip pencil, lipstick and gloss.
The right shade works with your skin tone & should complement the natural colour in your lips. You can choose different formulas, which include, Matt, sheer, shimmery, & creamy lipsticks & glosses, matt has the longest staying power.
Colour & application
1. First of all cover your lips in with foundation or concealer to even out any discolouration.
2. Using your chosen colour lip liner, line & completely fill in the lips.
3. Blot & with a brush powder the lips.
4. Apply your lipstick with a lip brush, blot again & repeat.
5. Apply a little transparent lip gloss to the bottom lid if you like some shine, this will make the lips appear fuller too.
Guide for selecting the right lip colour
Finding the right colour for you would be to remove all your make up & find the natural colour in your lips, use the guide to help, but everyone one has a shade of colour in their lips. The one that looks good on the naked face is the right shade, it should enhance the natural colour of your lips & your skin tone, once you have established the right one it will lift your whole face & make the eyes look brighter!
Who will be the lucky one to kiss your lips this Valentine?
Be back soon